You could get a Funeral Expenses Payment (also called a Funeral Payment) if you get certain benefits and need help to pay for a funeral you’re arranging.
If you receive money from the deceased’s estate, your Funeral Expenses Payment will be deducted from any money you get from the deceased’s estate. The estate includes any money or property they had but not a house or personal things left to a widow, widower or surviving civil partner.
Funeral Expenses Payment can help pay for some of the costs of the following:
• Burial fees for a particular plot
• Cremation fees, including the cost of the doctor’s certificate
• Travel to arrange or go to the funeral
• The cost of moving the body within the UK, if it’s being moved more than 50 miles
• Death certificates or other documents
• You can also get up to £1,000 for any other funeral expenses, such as funeral director’s fees, flowers or the coffin.
The payment will not usually cover all of the costs of the funeral.
How much you get depends on your circumstances. This includes any other money that’s available to cover the costs, for example from an insurance policy or the deceased’s personal estate. If the deceased had a pre-paid funeral plan, you can have help pay for items not covered by their plan.
To claim please use this LINK
Our dedicated team our always there for you when you need us most, all our lines are open 24 hours, 7 days a week so you’ll always have someone to talk to.03338 804 488
Alternatively, you can speak to your local branch, simply use the button below to find your local branch:Find your local branch
Simply fill out the form below and will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible:
Stay in touch with the latest delivered straight into your inbox